Monday, July 31, 2017

A year ago. Picrazy began.






Well well well.  Exactly one year ago year ago today, my human met a special guy.  It was actually the result of some on-line “dating”.  She  remembers the instant she saw him. She had driven for hours and hours to meet him with her good friend, Glenda and it was a beautiful day. 

He had dark eyes and sandy colored hair.  And the most enticing expression.  He won her over within nanoseconds of their meeting.  And life in our house would never be the same. Yup. A year ago today my human met Elroy for the first time. 





Anyone who has ever been owned by a dog can remember that first meeting.  And the special day when they went to pick up their “bundle of joy.”  With sharp teeth.  My human and Glenda spent the afternoon talking with Elroy’s treasurer.  ( Remember - I don’t like the word litter to describe a group of puppies – I prefer a treasury.  So the person who “ creates “ that treasury is of course a treasurer!) . And my human learned more about Picards and got to meet Elroy’s lovely mother AND his half-brother – both of whom were friendly and energetic.  





After their visit, when it was time to go – it was a sad parting.  My human has never been a treasurer herself, but she can appreciate how hard it must be to say good-bye to puppies who have been with you for weeks.  They said their farewells – and with Glenda driving and Elroy siting cozily on my human’s lap, they set out.  Now before you start shaking your head about a puppy sitting on a human’s lap, I have to let you know, it didn’t last more than a few minutes.  Elroy (who at that point was renamed Jaws) decided that he would rather chew.  The seat belt, my human’s shirt, her fingers, her nose – so they pulled over and put him safely in a crate.  And he became THE best little traveler.  That night they stayed in a hotel.  The hotel had an outdoor patio for dining.  And so my human and Glenda THOUGHT they could bring Elroy because pets were allowed on the patio.   They got as far as deciding what they wanted from  the menu, when Elroy explained that outdoor dining was really not his idea of a good time.  They ended up having a pizza delivered to their room. 

And the next day he arrived in Nova Scotia...




Einstein immediately fell in love with him. 




Me – not so much.  But I must say, he has grown on me.   




I quite enjoy his skills at bird watching.  And I also like to watch him run – I honestly think he could give a gazelle a run for his money.  And he is great at training humans.  He has learned how to have my human add Parmesan to his food AND how to be fed by hand.  He still likes to chew on the leash – a skill he clearly started early in life.  




We watched his ears go up.




  And down.  




And finally stay up.




A whole year has passed since that fateful day.  When another perfect match was made. And I'm thinking it is better than most dating websites matches...


Have a good one.  Peace and paws up.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete