Thursday, December 28, 2017

The hedgehog






Thanks for all the encouraging words about our resident runaway.  Nice to know that the FG’s flight risk status will probably improve within the next 5 years!

So I didn't tell you about our other Christmas gift.  It was all wrapped up - and my human didn't know who should unwrap it.  She gave it to me - and I did nothing with it.  It didn't smell like food - so I didn't care.  The FG just stared at it.  And then our old unwrapping pro did his thing - Einstein happily shredded the paper.  And what was inside?  A stuffed hedgehog.  That makes a weird pig-like noise when you squeeze him.  Well, Einstein figured he unwrapped it, so it was HIS gift.  My human had to trade for a treat so we could each get to play Find the Hedgehog.  Einstein actually got to go first and loved the new rodent-like thing.  And he consistently found him.  I found him - but did NOT want to give him up.  My human specifically chose THIS animal because his appendages are very small - and hard to rip off.  Not that I didn't try.  REALLY hard.  My human ended up going around and around the dining room table with a tasty treat in hand - trying to get the hedgehog from me.  I don't know what overcame me - I just felt this incredible overpowering urge to dissect the thing.  Mind you, I do that with the bunny too....Then it was the FG's turn.  He found the hedgehog right away.  And at first, he just stood and stared at it.  Then he grabbed it and tossed it.  And then flung it again.  And again.  He didn't want to destroy him - he just wanted to hurl the thing.  And then pounce on it.  Suffice to say, that gift was a hit.  But none of us can be left alone with him...   He needs a name...I like Spike. 

We didn't get to go for long walks yesterday as the winds were again VERY strong, and the temperatures very cold, so my delicate human didn't want to venture too far.  Today should be better.  In fact, time to get my human moving.  She is getting just a little too used to this sleeping in thing.  Well, after she takes us out at 5AM...

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment