Friday, January 5, 2018

Updates




Well it's time for some general updates from the homefront..

We had our big storm  yesterday and for us, it spelled RAIN.  LOTS and lots of rain.  And crazy high winds.  My human (with the help of two different neighbors) tried to have our generator fixed.  It wasn't working properly - most likely because it had not been used in so long - she almost forgot she had it.  Anyway, the generator is toast.  Kaput.  It won't work, and although it looks like new, and had never been peed on, it is too old to get parts.  So yesterday, we waited nervously throughout the day, for our power to go out during the storm.  In the city if your power goes out, you have the inconvenience of no lights and heat and your appliances cannot be used.  But in the boonies, you also no longer have WATER because the pump from your well doesn't work.  AND you can't even flush your toilet (another advantage to being a dog - we don't need a toilet).  So to prepare for a storm when you do not have a generator, you need to fill things with water to drink, and fill the bathtub with water to flush the toilet. Great fun.  Sure enough - around midnight we lost power.  As I am posting this, the house is starting to feel cooler.  Paws crossed it doesn’t last too long...

We PONs we're NOT happy about going out during the wild weather.  Mind you, neither was my human.  Even the FG wanted to come back in pretty quickly.  He did NOT like the wind.  The good news - we didn't get the snow that some places got.  It would have been a blizzard if the temperature had been a few degrees colder.  

As for our Christmas gifts - we are quickly making our way through a bag of pumpkin treats and some sweet potato chews.  We have worked on chewing our nylabones - but haven't touched those massive pieces of wood.  No interest in those things by any of us.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  Maybe my human should smear some peanut butter or something on them.  Now wouldn't THAT make a mess?! So happy she got the extra large size.  Which cost more.  Like I said before, she could have just gone out in the backyard and found some big branches....

I had an appointment with my Vet on Wednesday and we decided to juggle around some of my medication to see if we can get theses seizures under better control. I'm still having 2-3 per month.  We did have a few good months with just two but it would be better if I had one or less.  I was extremely well behaved when I went to the Vet.  She just looks at me at laughs at me.  She thinks I'm adorable.  Who couldn't?  I look at her with my big dark eyes and tilt my head.  I know she gives out treats.  It's all a ploy.

Today is Friday. Last day of the work week.  Let the fetching begin.  Let’s hope we don’t have to continue doing it in the dark...

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!


No comments:

Post a Comment