Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Vet





So we went to the Vet....

First off, I behaved SO well.  My human usually leaves us in the car while we wait for our appointment - to avoid what she calls the zombie pet owners.  You know the ones. Who let their dog rush into your dog’s face saying “oh he’s friendly.”   Or the ones who are so busy paying their bill they don’t pay the least bit attention to their dog who is either approaching other dogs who are just sitting and minding their own business- or they are peeing on the side of the counter. Well she brought me in because it was so cold outside. She plopped me on the bench she was sitting on and loaded me with kibble while the zombies did their thing.

So let’s see. First off, I have gained about 6 lbs.  Probably from all the treats I get with my CBD oil.  But not to worry - I was pretty skinny- and the vet said I am at an ideal weight.  She examined me and everything sounded and looked good.  We did blood work - and everything looks good overall.  My kidneys and liver are good ( which is always a concern with the meds I am on).  There were a couple of anomalies- which are most likely related to one of the meds I am on.  The same one that causes me to get weak in my rear legs.  So.  We decided to add a new med.  And then we will try to wean me off the offending med.  So that sounds all good.

As for the CBD- no answers or suggestions there.  Vets are not able to prescribe it - and well, they don’t know what to say about recommendations.  So you KNOW what my human will do next...email the researchers. Can’t hurt.

So overall, not a bad outing.  I’ll start my new drug tomorrow.

When we got home, we got a surprise in the mail!!  A present for us boys!!!! A tug toy from our friend Gatsby the Picard - who lives in Michigan!!! That was so nice!

But of course, Einstein immediately claimed it as his own.  He had to have a little talk about sharing.  We all DID get to play tug with my human - which we LOVE to do!  Thanks Gatsby!




Last night,  my human was all excited to watch the Westminster group judging.  She never watches TV so went to check to see what channel it would be on.  She turns on the TV, gets the channel, and it’s all pixilated. She tries the other TV.  Same problem.  So she calls technical support.  They have her turning things on and off and she’s going up and down stairs and from room to room.  With three dogs following her and inspecting every adjustment she makes.  After about a half hour of the continuous parade and numerous adjustments , the technician admitted defeat.  We have to have a service person come in.  My human pleaded that something could be done for last night.  I mean besides the Royal Wedding last year, Westminster was the only thing she watched on TV! Alas.  We had to watch pixilated canines.  All was good while they stood still - but as soon as they moved, it was game over.

Congratulations to all the winners!  We would have liked to have seen the Picard or the PON in the group placements, but it wasn’t to be.  Maybe next year.  We thought they looked brilliant.  And we’re not the least bit biased...

Today my human has to go to WORK.  Really.   But just for an hour. Or so she says...Back to guard duty...

Have a good one. Peace and paws up.
Seizure free days: 2


No comments:

Post a Comment