Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Extreme sports



June 5.  And today is Hot Air Balloon Day. My human is privileged to know a woman who has several records for ballooning.  She has had some challenges in her life in the past few years, due to a stroke- but with her, the sky is the limit- so she will no doubt be breaking records again some day.  My human has learned a lot about ballooning from this woman- but my human has turned down the offer to try it.  She gets weak in the knees going up an escalator-so a balloon ride makes her nervous just thinking about it!

That being said- Hot Air Ballooning is NOT a sport for us dogs.  The sound of the gas powering the balloon is loud and sudden and could be quite scary for us dogs.  And jumping out of the basket would obviously not be advised.  Some dogs are even afraid of seeing Hot Air Ballons.  I’ve never seen one, so I can’t say.  My bet is that the FG would be VERY interested. We know how he likes to watch birds- so a balloon would no doubt be of great interest!

As I was thinking about ballooning and us dogs and then extreme sports, I came across the following video.    It is a couple of years old.   And it is a bit long to watch.  But I GUARANTEE if you watch it, you will love it.  It made my human cry.  She was surprised it was the first time she has seen it.  Maybe you have already seen it - but if you haven’t- get out the tissues!!  But in a good way.  Let me know what you think!


Now excuse me while I go and plan my next extreme adventure- trying to get ON the counter and into the treat jar. Never say never!

Have a good one! Peace and paws up!
Seizure free days: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment