Friday, June 22, 2018

Take Your Dog to Work Day





June 22. And according to the Crazy calendar today is Take Your Dog to Work Day.   But no.  We are not going.  The university where my human works does not allow dogs.  BUT during exam times they DO allow therapy dogs to come in for the students to relieve stress. What about the faculty the rest of the year?  Seems like discrimination if you ask me.   Mind you, if my human took the three of us in, she would get absolutely no work done. So I guess it’s better we stay home.

There ARE companies that do allow dogs to come to work. I’ve talked about Google before.  And I found a few others.  Like Etsy.  I’d be afraid I would be the victim of some kind of canine craft if I went there.  Like being a model for knitted dog boots.  

Another company is Bissell Homecare. I think that’s the company  that makes vacuum cleaners. Now that seems reasonable because if we make a mess while there, they have the equipment to clean it up.

Amazon Seattle also allows dogs in the workplace.  I love shopping on Amazon.  They have lots of great dog stuff.  It would be cool to work there.  I could product test dog toys.  Sign me up.

But the most dangerous place for me to work would be Mars.  The company that makes candy among many other things.  INCLUDING dog food. Now while we don’t actually eat any of the foods they make, I CERTAINLY could taste test the odd sample.  Who am I kidding.  It would be a liability to have me working there.

Anyway, for those of us who can’t go to work, we have our jobs at home - being the guardians of the homestead. And it’s a job we take very seriously.  When we aren’t napping.

Have a good one.  Wherever you work.  Peace and paws up.
Seizure free days: 32

No comments:

Post a Comment