Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Post PON Day


I am so excited.  First I want to thank all of those people – around the WORLD who posted pictures of their PONs and celebrated the first PON Day!  I know it was announced with very little warning – but heaven knows, if you are owned by a PON you have to be ready for anything!!  Next year, we’ll begin to plan WAY ahead of time – and We can start thinking of some activities that we can all do.  But given the short notice this time – it was GREAT how many PONs posted their pictures and wished one another a Happy PON Day.  It was PONtastic. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Easter was also a great day.  The rabbit ear photos thankfully had been completed before Sunday, so we got to relax and enjoy the day.  We played “find the treat” – instead of “find the egg.”  And GUESS who TOTALLY was the BEST at this game.  I mean - who found EVERY treat?  Who used his nose to hunt out every single morsel?!  YOURS TRULY!   I was THE best.  When we first started, we got to watch where my human would hide the treat – just so we would get the idea.  Then after we did, we were each sequestered in another room while she did the hiding.  And I’m not bragging – well, OK I am – but I was THE BEST. Frodo, the good dog whom one would ASSUME would be good at this – since he is good at everything else (maybe just a BIT of sibling rivalry here) – well he just went CRAZY running around – and hardly used his nose at ALL – and didn’t even find all the treats.  Paxton wasn’t BAD, but he is SUPER slow and methodical.  Paint dries faster.  But he did find 90% of the treats.  And me?  100% and fast too.  But not crazy fast.  My human watched me and started thinking that MAYBE she should try something called “tracking” with me.  She knows other PONs who have done it.  We may have found my new leisure past time!  If the new hobby involves treats, I’m IN.

So thanks again for sharing in PON Day.   A special day – for special dogs.  Oh.  And by the way. You humans who we own really are pretty special too!

© Linda Wozniak





No comments:

Post a Comment