Friday, April 24, 2015

Double trouble






On this day, ten years ago,  Snuppy was born.  No.  Not Snoopy.  Snuppy.  The first dog who was cloned.  Snuppy was an Afghan Hound – and he was born in South Korea. Snuppy was even named by Time Magazine as the Most Amazing Invention of 2005.



Since then people have paid MEGA dollars to clone their pets.  One man paid over $100,000 to clone his dog.  I’m thinking my human is probably NOT going to clone me.  Can you IMAGINE a duplicate of me??!!  Pretty scary!  Actually - the thing about cloning – the animals may LOOK alike – but can act very differently.  Kind of like me and Frodo.  We’re brothers.  We look similar – but boy are we DIFFERENT.  That would be the pits to spend all that money to clone me – and get a quiet, well-behaved dog.  I mean what’s the fun in that?  I would MUCH rather my human take the $100,000 and buy a LOAD of biscuits.  If we had a spare $100,000…



Plus I don’t think we need another dog in our household.   Maybe some fish….

©   Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment