Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fear not



Today is October 18 and according to the crazy calendar it is National Face your Fears Day. It's supposed to be a day about courage and overcoming your fears.

We've talked before about the Fear Periods that puppies go through and I think Jaws may be going through another one.  For example, he saw his reflection in the patio door the other night and half scared himself to death.  First he ran away.  Then he started growling at himself.

Then the next morning at 5 AM when he took my human out, in the dark - he stared into the woods, put his nose in the air, and BOLTED in the other direction - on a leash of course.  Which then made my human worried as well.  I mean - WHAT could be out there?  When she went to take Frodo and I out for our walk, I tried to pull INTO the woods.  So did Frodo.  There obviously WAS something out there.  And as the sun began to rise, my human saw what the terrible apparition probably was.  A bunny.  Yup - pretty scary.

There's not a whole lot that I fear.  I may be a tad shy when I meet people, but I usually get over that pretty quickly.  I suppose I do have one HUGE fear though. Grooming.  Well maybe fear is a strong word.  Maybe more like intense DISLIKE.

Oh and I fear running out of food.  Now THAT would be scary.  REALLY scary. Almost as scary as Donald Trump.  Sorry I - couldn't resist.

So today - try to face your fears.  Go skydiving.  Swim with Sharks.  Take your dog to an obedience class.  Or better yet - enter a dog show.

Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment