Friday, October 21, 2016

In the news...



So time to catch up on some dog news.

And first on the list is a story that sent shivers through my paws.  It seems a zoo was reopened in North Korea.  It was closed for renovations because it was felt that the conditions were extremely poor for the animals.  So it reopened with great fanfare.  And the big attractions?  A chimp that smokes cigarettes.  Seriously.  But not to worry - he doesn't inhale.  And the other BIG attraction?!  The Dog Pavilion.  Yup.  Where you can go and see lots of different dog breeds in cages.  Some say that this is a positive move - as dogs in North Korea have not had the same lives as we canines in North America or Europe.   I hate to even THINK of this - but in North Korea we canines have been on the dinner menu.  Yikes!  Now I'm not so certain that putting us in a zoo is much of a step up.   I promise not to complain the next time I am being groomed.  Well - at least not a lot.

Remember our adventure with the killer duck this summer?  OK, killer might be a bit strong, but as you may recall, she REALLY didn't like us.  Might have had something to do with me chasing her...Anyway, I found this video of a German Shepherd who also met a duck.   Those ducks are pretty darn brave.  I'm starting to think they may silently be taking over the world.  Watch out...
 http://people.com/pets/watch-bird-says-what-the-duck-and-plays-with-this-big-dog-anyway/

 And finally, Jessica Roy is my hero.  Who is Jessica Roy?  Beats me - but she wrote an on-line rant about how dressing your dog in Halloween costumes should be illegal.  I wish I could meet her, I would lick her to death.  My human has taken our obligatory photos wearing the dreaded Dollar Store attire.  But truth be told, they aren't THAT bad.  And it's not like we had to wear them for more than 10.6 seconds.  I mean that's as long as we would keep them on.  Plus we get tons of treats while wearing them.  Those dogs that wear the full regalia and parade around in public- well maybe they LIKE being dressed up!   It's not MY thing - but some dogs MAY like it.  Look at Frodo.  He loves the attire.  Actually the more I think about it - maybe Jessica should lighten up a bit.  It beats living in a zoo.  And besides, if you want to get back at your human for the attire, there ARE ways.  Like pee on the pumpkin.  I did....

Have a good one! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment