Sunday, December 31, 2017

New Year's Eve...





Well. Well. Well.  Here we are.  The last day of 2017. It wasn't a bad year - but at the same time, we are looking forward to a fresh new 2018.

So what happened this year?  Hmmmm....A German Shepherd dog won the Westminster Kennel Club show and an American Cocker Spaniel won Crufts.  The World dog show winners included 4 dogs - #1 was a  Great Dane, #2 was a Fox terrier, #3 a Beagle and #4 the American Cocker Spaniel.   No PON.  No Picard.  Maybe 2018 will be the year.

And speaking of dog shows, the FG made his debut in the beauty pageant ring and on his second weekend out (he only was in two weekends of shows) he got a Group 3 placement.  All I know is that is a good thing and the ribbon was on the Christmas tree.

The FG also met sheep this year - and put Einstein and I to shame, earning his Instinct certificate on the first try.

Einstein and I didn't enter any obedience trials this year.  Probably because we are not obedient.  Just kidding.  Sort of.  My human had a busy year - for a number of reasons, and we just didn’t get out to compete.  Maybe in 2018.

This year I met my resolution from last year to NOT chase bunnies.  Probably because our bunny population seems to be down.  No matter.  I met my resolution.  I can't say the same for my human and her resolution to take off those Halloween candies from 2016.  Actually, I looked back and it's from 2015.  But who's counting?

We had a new dog sitter this year.  And we didn't scare her off.  At least she SAID she would watch us again.  We'll see what happens when my human puts in a serious request for time.  Not that we are letting her go anywhere soon.

This year my human began to seriously contemplate retirement.  HOWEVER - she told us that IF she retires, she will be home with us more (which is  a HUGE plus), BUT we won't necessarily be able to get special treats whenever we want them - as she would be on a "budget" (which is a BIG MINUS in my mind).  I admit it - I'm spoiled and I like special treats and great toys.  So one more year of work will be OK.  Maybe.

This year I managed to post to my blog every single day.  It still surprises me that I do this every day - and that people read it.  This year my human also got to spend time with people that she has met through my blog.  She LOVED that and she hopes to meet up with them again!  And she welcomes the chance to meet others who read about our crazy adventures in the future - if anyone is planning a trip to Nova Scotia in 2018, let us know - Viktor's Adventure Tours is currently taking bookings!

Although 2018 was also a tough year in some ways, overall the good times outweighed the bad.  I think it was a glass half full kind of year.

Tonight as you welcome in 2018, if you manage to stay up that long (most likely my human will be asleep), be grateful for the glass half full.  And think about how you can make it even more full in 2018!

Have a good one. Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment