Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Recall. And Christmas countdown.





OK this recall thing is really getting to be a bit much.  If you think you are tired of hearing about it, imagine how tired Einstein and I are when she keeps testing US every chance she gets.  Like yesterday morning.  She took us on our trail to the lake and let us run ahead.  Then she would call us.  She did it several times.  It got to the point that we didn't even want to go far ahead because we KNEW she would call us.  On this test I must confess, I WAS a bit slow...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6fYNNw0Xi0

As usual, Einstein did it perfectly.  Show off.

The Christmas preparations are in full swing and the countdown is ON.  My human and her sister baked cookies - most of which have already been eaten.  I kid you  not.  Gone.  And let's just say it wasn't us DOGS eating them.  I can hear the moaning and groaning already after the holidays.  My human is stills sporting extra lbs. from Halloween candy - from 2016.

She bought a turkey big enough to feed a small army - probably because all the normal sized turkeys were already sold.  I'm pretty sure the thing weighs more than me.  The house is fully decorated.  There is one major thing yet to be done.  The annual Christmas bath.  For us dogs.  Not my human.  I'm sure she has had several since last Christmas.  Mind you -so have we.  What it is with this "being clean for the holidays."  You put up with our raggedy stinky selves all year - what's with need to impress Santa.  I mean "he sees us when we're sleeping, he's knows when we're dirty."  Isn't that how the song goes?  We're taking bets as to who goes first.   I'm betting the FG.  He's the easiest and fastest.  He stands like a statue while he is being dried off - with the wind blowing his hair like he is in some kind of shampoo commercial.  And when he is done - he looks exactly the same.  Waste of time if you ask me.  Mind you, I vote we start with him, on the off chance that my human gets busy and she doesn't have time to do us PONs.  Fat chance.  She would stay up until 3 AM.  It's been done before...

Well she is off to work today and tomorrow and then rumor has it, she may be DONE until after New Years!  Don't I love the holidays.  Actually, it makes the bath worth it! Almost...

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!




No comments:

Post a Comment