Sunday, September 27, 2015

Google me


September 27.  On this day in 1998 – Google was launched.  That’s a LONG, LONG time ago – but my human actually remembers the world BEFORE Google.  Can you imagine?!  She really IS old.  Before Google, I guess humans had to look up things in books – like dictionaries and encyclopedias.  They even used something called a phone book. 



When Google started – it was a noun.  It was a thing that you used to look up things.  Now it is also a verb – you “Google” something.  Weird.



If you Google “Polish Lowland Sheepdog” – you get over 472, 000 results.  And if you Google “dog” you get 1,360,000,000 results.  That’s a LOT of info.  The key is to know how to find something in all that info.   Like digging through the dog toy bin for my favorite toy.  You can spend a LOT of time Googling things and searching for things.  My human is a Google pro.  People ask her to find something on the internet and she can Google with the best of them. My favorite things for her to Google are “dog toys,” “dog treats” and “dog food.”  I do NOT like when she Googles “dog grooming supplies” or “dog coats.”



If you Google “Polish Viktor” – I come up pretty close to the top of the list.  I think it’s cool that you can Google me.  I’m just glad that when you Google “bad dogs” I’m not near the top of the list.  Yet.



© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment