Friday, September 4, 2015

"Their" bad


OK. So this is funny.  My human likes to take these crazy quizzes on line that are basically mumbo jumbo, and not based in any science or psychology.  But she does them for fun.  Like “what kind of dog would you be” or “how old are you at heart” or “how long will you live” or “what is the best way to waste time on the computer.”  OK – I made that last one up.  But you get the point.  So anyway, she took the quiz to find out what name her parents SHOULD have given her.  I was guessing Bertha or Henrietta or Agnes.  But no – guess what she got?  VICTORIA!!!  JUST like me!  Well, the female version of me.  Spelled differently.  See.  We are “connected.”  That’s why she loves me best.



Speaking of loving me best…Frodo and Paxton got in trouble yesterday – for a CHANGE.  Thank goodness.  You see….my human hardly ever has time to read – but she has always loved to read.  She was able to read a whole book while she was away – and she purchased two more.  Wonder why she managed to read a book while she was away from us….  Anyway she started one the other night – when she was in bed.  Big mistake.  She falls asleep before she gets though 2 pages.  Might have something to do with the fact that she stays up late – and gets up at 6AM to walk us.  Vacation or no vacation.  We demand it.  We are creatures of habit. 



So, she fell asleep – with the book on the bed.  Fast forward to the next day.  The bed was made – but the book was still on it.  My human was ironing some clothes – another crazy human task – I mean things get wrinkled as soon as you sit down.  What’s the point of ironing?  But what do I know.  Back to the story.  While she was ironing she came in the bedroom and found Bucket Head on the bed.  She told him to get down.  She finished her ironing and then went to do some work on the computer – which was on the dining room table.  She was working away and suddenly heard chomp-chomp-chomp.  She looked under the table and there was Frodo – eating the spine of the book – which Paxton had obviously carried there – because it was a BIG book.  I was no where NEAR the scene of the crime.  This was TOTALLY “their bad.”



My human scolded Frodo, who just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.  Paxton wouldn’t make eye contact.  And I basked in the joy knowing I had nothing to do with the bad behavior.  For a change!  Mind you, the book wasn’t about dogs, so I can’t blame the boys for trying to destroy it.



I’ve said it before – and I’ll say it again.  Never a dull moment!



©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment