Friday, September 28, 2018

Confucius say...






Today is the birthday of Confucius - the famous politician, and philospher who lived a long time ago.  He was a smart guy who wrote a LOT and had many famous quotes. And, although I didn't read ALL of the literature on this fact - it appears that "Confucius was one of the first people in Chinese histroy to be recorded as the owner of a pet dog".*  Who knew?  If you want to read a detailed account about the role of canines in early Chinese history, I will attach an article at the end of my blog.  It's heavy reading - but kind of interesting... Now keep in mind that the article talks about the practice of eating Fido - so BE PREPARED.  That's OBVIOUSLY not a practice I support - but the article gives an idea of how the practice began. 

As I did a few years ago, I have taken a couple of his quotes and paired them with photos. Here they are:











And as I also did before, I have written my very own quotes.  Well, they are not entirely my own - and you may recognize parts of them....
  • Great minds think... about how to get into the treat jar.
  • Anything that can go wrong probably will... happen as my human is on the way out the door to work.  And we have probably caused it...
  • Hell hath no fury... like a PON when supper is late.
  • Ignorance is... not knowing how to counter surf.
  • A penny saved... buys more dog treats. 
  • I think, therefore I ...end up in trouble.
  • I've never met a ...treat I didn't like. 
     

     That's it for my philosophizing for today.  It's hard work being a blog writer, a philosopher, 
     a guardian, and a comedian. 
    
     It is FRIDAY!!!!!!!!  Let the weekend begin!

     Have a good one!  Peace and paws up!
     Seizure free days: 14

Here is that article...
ccsdb.ncl.edu.tw/ccs/image/01_029_004_01_10.pdf 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment