Sunday, September 9, 2018

Washington







September 9. And on this day in 1791, the capitol of the United States was named after President George Washington.  Wonder why they didn’t just call it George?

Anyway, I have talked before about the fact that George was a big dog lover - and he was instrumental in breeding American Foxhounds.


So when I went looking to see if I could find out any more about George and dogs, I found this very cool video.  It came out a year ago - and maybe you have seen it before, but I don’t remember seeing it.  It’s a true story about how George was in the midst of a battle during the Revolutionary War - and his enemy’s dog ended up in his camp.  Check it out...


I never knew that story.  Love the last line - and it’s so true.  We DO bring out the good in humans.   If we haven’t eaten their bed sheets....

Have a good one!  Peace and paws up!
Seizure free days: 109

No comments:

Post a Comment