Monday, December 17, 2018

Maple






So according to the crazy calendar, today is National Maple Syrup Day.  According to one source that I found, Canada produces 71% of the world’s pure maple syrup.  Now I’m not talking about those imitation products that are made of chemicals and things like xylitol (which is toxic to dogs).  I’m talking about that pure stuff that is tapped in the spring time from maple trees.  The real deal pure stuff. 

Pure maple syrup is not toxic to dogs, but because it contains so much sugar, we really can’t eat much of it either.  But we can certainly have some in some homemade treats- and here is a recipe for some:

I think I am going to get my human to bake us some over the holidays- they sound yummy.  But remember, if you make them, neither your peanut butter or maple syrup can contain xylitol.  You can only use pure products.

So how many of you remember the horrible story of the coat my human received as a gift from her mother last year.  The one I destroyed by eating through the pockets.   Not one of my best days. Remember how she found a close replacement? Well she wears it all the time.  And she never ever leaves kibble in the pockets.  But....

On Saturday she had some errands to run and it was a pretty warm day. She didn’t need her heavy coat, but decided instead to wear a fluffy down vest.  A vest she has had probably since before I was born - but it was in good shape.  Was being the operative word.  She hadn’t worn the vest in a long time- but decided to wear it on Saturday.  She put it on, zipped it up and thought it looked good.  But she didn’t look carefully.  She went to put her hand in the pocket and her hand came out the front of the vest. She just glared at me.  Listen- that vest had a good long life.  It was time for it to be retired.  Permanently. 

Today my human is off and the forecast is iffy.  Could be rain.  Could be snow.  Given that the snow tires are on, rain is much more likely.  I think it’s great - she can stay home and start baking those treats.  But I had better stay out of that front hall closet.  I’m definitely getting knocked off Santa’s Nice list.  Hope the other two share their gifts....

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up.
Seizure free days: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment