Monday, September 22, 2014

Rainy days and PONdays

Morning blogettes.  I can't say its a good one - I mean LOOK at my hair!  You guessed it - it is raining.  Hard.

Rain.  To be honest, rain has never REALLY bothered me.  But my brother Conrad, er Frodo - well that's a different story.  Frodo hates the rain.  He even hates wet grass in the morning.  If he steps on it, he acts like he is stepping on hot coals.  Drama king.  When Mom opens the door to take us for our morning walk, and it is raining, he just stands in the doorway.  And does the SD. If we weren't on leashes, he would NOT go out.

As I said, the rain doesn't really bother me.  But Frodo said I should not like it - and since he's my older brother, I figured I had better listen.  So here's a scene for you to envision...

It's dark out.  The sun isn't up.  It's pouring and windy.  My Mom is all decked out in raingear and boots - AND wearing a headlamp so people on the road can see us.  Safety first. Oh and we are also wearing raingear - which I actually don't mind. But more on fashion for another blog. So there is my Mom on the road with her headlamp in the gale force winds and torrential downpour, and behind her are two lumps of fur walking as if they are in a funeral march. Frodo said it is CRITICAL to walk as slowly as caninely possible. So I do.  And then, poop in the MIDDLE of the road and as Mom is fumbling for a poop bag, try to head home.  It's tough because we are both on leashes, but no harm in trying! Oh and THEN when you ARE headed for home, you can go as FAST as possible.

What a Monday morning.  Good thing Paxton likes the rain...but then...he's not a PON!

  © 2014 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment