Sunday, September 28, 2014

Those humans....


Howdy Blogettes!



WELL.  What a wild night!  And it wasn’t even a full moon!  Frodo and I were up half the night.  Not Paxton, though – he can sleep through anything.  And Mom….well…we kinda kept her up.  Why?  Because we HEARD something.  Outside.  And we needed to alert Mom that there was SOMETHING outside.  I’m PRETTY sure it was the foxes again.  They like to hang out around our house.  They are crafty guys.  They even stole some shoes from Mom!   She had left out two pairs of shoes to dry in the sun one day – and she forgot to bring them in at night.  The next day – one shoe from each pair was MISSING!  Foxes.  I know it.  They have even taken our dog toys – and THAT really makes me mad.



Last night, we heard something.  And for a change, I was the first one to bark.  Usually it is Frodo.  But last night I started the warning.  Mom got up around 3:30, and she couldn’t see anything – but she DID hear the owl.  That’s not what we were barking at though.  We heard something else – and I’m convinced it was the foxes.



Speaking of hearing, ya know, I really wonder why humans are considered to be “superior” to us.  Think about it.  They can’t smell as well as we can.  They can’t HEAR as well as we can.  And I’m not sure about vision – but seriously, when is the last time you saw a dog wearing glasses?  Think about it.



And then there is this whole “work” thing.  They go to “work” while we stay home.  When I complain to my Mom that she has to go, she gives me that old standard line “Dog food doesn’t grow on trees.”  Spare me.  Everyone KNOWS you can’t get dog food from trees.  Except maybe Paxton.  He’ll eat anything – even trees.  Remind me to tell you some of the stuff he has eaten.  That’s a topic for a whole blog post.



So these humans.  What’s the good of them?  OK.  So they groom us… and they feed us…and they play with us…and they give us treats…and they take us to the vet when we are sick…and they pet us…and they buy us toys…and they rub our bellies…and they…they… Wait a minute….I guess I am starting to see why we keep them after all!  Even if they CAN’T hear those foxes….

  © 2014 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment