Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wild thing


This morning, while my Mom was listening to the radio, a song came on – and she said “Viktor – that’s your theme song.”  The song?   Wild thing.



I guess I AM a wild kinda guy – because my ABSOLUTE favorite thing to do in the whole wide PONtastic world, besides eat, and chase rabbits, and eat, and bark at birds, and get treats, and eat, and welcome my Mom home, and go for car rides and lick Paxton, and eat, and retrieve toys, and eat, and welcome my Mom back after she has been in the bathroom is to……..DO ZOOMIES. 



I am a zoomie runner extraordinaire. What is a zoomie?  It’s when you run.  In circles.   As fast as you possibly can.  For no good reason other than the fact that you CAN!!!!!   I love the feel of my hair flying in the wind.  BUT I need to warn my canine companions that you DO need to be careful.  One time, I was zooming so fast, I hit the stone garden wall.  It knocked the wind out of me for 5 seconds (phew) and then I was off again!!  Sometimes Paxton will chase me when I am doing zoomies, and while the big guy DOES have a BIG stride, he is no match for my turns and darts.  And when we do this, my Mom goes, for some reason, and holds on to a tree…  Conrad, er Frodo just watches and shakes his head.  The ODD time he will join in – but he’s just not a zoomie kinda guy.  He’d rather read.



So my canine companions.  Give it a try.  Actually, I think our humans should give it a try too!  Picture that one!  And if you want to be safe…wear a helmet.





© 2014 Linda Wozniak

1 comment: