Friday, January 29, 2016

Happy BIRTHDAY Frodo!


January 29.  A special day.  A day to celebrate my big brother Frodo – it’s his 6th birthday!  He is the barkiest, but probably best-behaved dog in this house!

Frodo is my full brother – we have the same parents – but he is 2 years older than me.  I must confess, I am sometimes a bit jealous of him – he is just so….good!  When Paxton and I get it in our heads to go “exploring” – Frodo will race to the edge of the woods and he then turns back to stay with my human.   She and Frodo have this weird physic connection – he knows what she is thinking before she even makes a move to do something. And he is incredibly easy to train – unless he gets bored.  Then he says, that’s quite enough – and goes on to do something else.  Like retrieving for example.  He will bring back a fetch toy about 10 times and then he says “really, what is the point in this,” and he heads for the door to go back in the house.  He waits when he is told to wait and he follows commands very well.  He LOVES to show off in Rally.  I like to call him "the Professor."

Now while he is pretty close to being the “perfect” dog – he does have his vices.  He is a barker extraordinaire – and he has actually taught this skill to me and Paxton!  He also is a drama king when it comes to grooming.  I’ve said it before – he could win an award portraying a dog that is being tortured.  He is also a weird guy when it comes to his feet.  He does not appreciate you touching them.  So pedicure time is always GREAT fun.

But he is smart – and pretty good looking – as he has proven in the show rings.  He also, thankfully has been a very healthy boy – probably because he doesn’t eat inedible objects – like Paxton does.  Although he WAS interested the other day in…well you remember.

EVERY now and then, Frodo and I will get into a “skirmish” about something.  It doesn’t happen often – it’s a sibling rivalry thing.  And of course, I usually start it – being the youngest in the house.  But Frodo will have none of my nonsense and he quickly puts me in my place.  He’s like a world champion wrestler – he pins me – EVERY time – and the skirmish is over.   DONE.  And I concede defeat. 

So Happy Birthday to my human’s first PON.  He is a super role model – and if it weren’t for him – I wouldn’t be here!  My human thought she was getting a clone of Frodo when she got me.  WRONGO.  But let’s face it – life SHOULD be interesting – and I definitely fill that bill!  Cheers to ANOTHER PONtastic trip around the sun big bro!

 ©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment