Monday, November 6, 2017

Basketball




Today is November 6 and according to the crazy calendar it is Basketball Day.  And the reason it is today is because it is the birthday of James Naismith – the inventor of the game – who just so happens to be Canadian.  So when I saw it was his birthday, I of course decided to see if he liked dogs.  Well I guess he did.  So much so that he reportedly took his collie,Roderick, along on his honeymoon- sailing along the New England coast and up to Nova Scotia.  His new wife was apparently not too impressed because both she and Roderick were seasick for a good part of the journey.  Apparently on a train trip after the voyage, James spent several hours with Roderick in the baggage compartment so he wouldn’t be lonely.  So I guess James really DID like dogs…and no wonder his wife didn’t.

I found a  video of some basketball-playing dogs.  Unfortunately there is no PON or Picard…

I love to play fetch – so the idea of just dropping a ball in a hoop and letting go is not my idea of fun.  But I suppose if there are treats involved, I COULD learn to play. Maybe.

Well after all my human’s efforts to help me avoid a seizure with the time change,  things didn’t work out as planned. I unfortunately had a seizure yesterday morning.  The first one in almost a month.  Drat.  Paws crossed it was just the time change.

Time to get moving here.  We tried to get my human up yesterday, but she insisted we had an extra hour.  Not today.

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!


No comments:

Post a Comment