Sunday, November 5, 2017

Dog sitter????




Good day.  Hopefully you remembered to turn back your clock last night - or you are up EXTRA early.

My human was TOTALLY stressed out yesterday - trying to figure out HOW she would give me my  medication with the time change.  You would think she was figuring out some MAJOR scientific equation.  If I take my pills every 12 hours - at 7 AM and 7 PM, and we now have an "extra" hour in the day, WHEN do I take my pills?  She had reams of paper with times on it.  OK.  Maybe not REAMS - but enough to give her a headache.  Clearly, math was NOT her major in university.  She didn't want me to change my routine by a full hour immediately, so she had to figure out how she could do it in 15 minute increments.  That probably makes NO sense - BUT if she figured it out correctly, I will be taking my pills tonight exactly 12 hours since my previous pill and the time on the clock will be 7PM.  Don't ask me what that means - but she will be happy - and that's all that matters.

AND.  Besides the medication challenge, SOMETHING else is going on.  It began early yesterday morning with a cleaning frenzy.  A cleaning frenzy means one of three things.  Someone is coming for a quick visit.  OR there is going to be a party at our house.  OR Someone is coming to STAY.  All I know is that a young woman who works at our Vet clinic arrived yesterday afternoon.  Before she got here, my human said we needed to behave...

We were on the deck when she came in.  My human proceeded to show her around the house.  THEN she let us in.  We greeted her with much barking, and the FG tried his best to knock her over.  My human had left the door to the master bedroom open, and the FG spotted it.  He RACED into the bedroom and launched himself onto the bed.  Then he raced into the bathroom.  5 seconds later he was launching himself onto the bed again.  He was OVER-THE-TOP wild.  Then my human wanted to show her our property.  She put the FG back on the deck.  She took Einstein and me out with them - but we were not on leash.  So GUESS what happened??  You guessed it. Yours truly TOOK OFF.   My human tried to remain calm - and simply explained to the young woman why I need to stay on a leash.  At ALL times.  About 5 minutes later I came RACING down the driveway.  My human GLARED at me.  Ah yes.  We were clearly NOT making a good impression....

Anyway, the young woman left after about an hour.  My GUESS is that she may be our new dog sitter.  The one we always had for many years, (and LOVED),  retired due to a health issue.  The girl we had last November was mysteriously booked up.  At least that's what she SAID. 

So it seems this girl will be our new sitter.  Given all the cleaning that went on yesterday, I am guessing this is going to happen pretty soon.  But I haven't seen any suitcases yet...unless my human  is hiding them in the closet.  That's what she did the last time - so we wouldn't know until the last minute.  All I know is that she better be going somewhere that has REALLY good dog treat stores...

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!


No comments:

Post a Comment