Friday, November 24, 2017

Black Friday. And product reviews...




Well, it's Black Friday and according to some, the official start to the holiday shopping season and a day of big sales.  Mind you, it seems like the last 2 weeks have been Black something - every store seems to have been promoting sales for days now. 

My human would much rather shop on-line than battle line-ups with people in the cold.  And admittedly, IF someone is looking for something specific (like a new warm dog-walking coat), there ARE bargains to be had right now.  But it's also interesting that often the VERY thing she wants- that is on sale, is not available in the size or color she wants.  BUT, the full price items are all available.  Go figure. 

And since it's that time of year, I thought I would review a few products that we canines may (or may not) want to put on our list for Santa...

First off we have the Pet Selfie stick.  It's basically a squeaky ball that you attach to your cell phone in order to get our attention when taking photos:
https://poochselfie.com/
I'm afraid I am giving this a Paws Down.  Because while you MAY get one or two shots of us when you first use it, let's face it, we will QUICKLY catch on, and learn to ignore it.  At least the dogs in this household.  Not that I don't like to retrieve things - but unless the thing suddenly self-propels the ball, we will quickly start to demonstrate picnore.

Next we have the automatic self-propelled fetch toy.  The machine will launch balls after your dog drops the ball into the device. 
https://goifetch.com/
This concept is pretty cool - and it could keep some of us dogs entertained, once we are trained to use it.  I wouldn't advocate for use indoors with us...that could get pretty crazy.  Personally, I think the exercise that my human gets from throwing the ball is good...but given that some humans could have trouble throwing a ball - well I will give this item a Paws Up.

Next we have an indoor potty for dogs.  Seriously.  It's basically a hunk of sod that is delivered to your house - so your dog can pee and poop indoors.
https://www.freshpatch.com/
Strange - they don't take any returns.   OK. OK.  I understand that this could work for dogs living in an apartments/highrises - and could be good for seniors who can't take their dogs out....But I guess it's just a bit strange to me.  We dogs DO need to get outdoors.  Mind you, on rainy days, we PONs might appreciate this product.  But can you imagine having three of these things in our house? Not to mention dogs who like to dig...Nope - I'm giving this one a Paws Down.  Sorry Sharks.

Next we have the Kong frisbee. Or Extreme Flyer.
https://www.kongcompany.com/products/for-dogs/rubber-toys/extreme-rubber-toys/extreme-flyer/
OK. I like this one.  Kong makes some pretty indestructible toys - so I'm thinking I would enjoy fetching this.  I give this a Paws Up - and I'm putting it on my list!

I shouldn't even show you the next item - as it looks like they are so busy taking orders that you may not get your gift for Christmas.  But if you don't mind waiting, these pet pillows with our photo are pretty cute:
https://gomineofficial.com/
I think it would be cool to have our image on a pillow.  Mind you, if we got a hold of it, we would probably destroy it.  They also make jewelry with our image!  I give these gifts Paws Up.  Mind you - they are more for my human than for us.  But we might as well give her something...

Those are my reviews for now.  No doubt other cool things will come along in the weeks ahead.  And really, my favorite items on my Santa list are edible items.  ANYTHING edible.  

Have a good one!  Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment