Friday, November 17, 2017

Snuppy


Hey - remember the story of Snuppy?   In 2015, I wrote about Snuppy - he was an afghan dog - who was the first ever dog to be cloned back in 2005 in South Korea.  Well, Snuppy is gone - he went to the Rainbow Bridge just a few weeks after his tenth birthday.  But Snuppy lives on - because, you guessed it - they have recloned Snuppy.  While there have been concerns that cloned animals may have shorter lifespans, and other medical problems, it seems that Snuppy lived a healthy life - and lived to a decent age for the breed.

So now there are three Snuppy puppies out there.  I checked out a place in the US to see what the costs are to clone a dog.  Looks like they have gone down - it's just $50,000 now.  What a bargain.  BUT - what ticked me off - the price to clone a CAT is only $25,000.  Seems like some canine discrimination if you ask me.

Clones are basically genetic twins.  BUT just because Cujo LOOKS like Cujo - their persnalities may be completely diferent.

While the IDEA of preserving a cherished pet may seem appealing, let's face it - each one of us IS unique and that's what makes us so special.  While humans have a hole in their heart when they lose a dog,  the arrival of a new canine kid takes up a new place in their heart.  My human said there will never, ever be another me.  "Thank goodness".   I think she was joking.  Actually, I think she should get clones of all three of us.  Now.  Wouldn't THAT be a circus?

Have a good one.  It's FRIDAY! Peace and paws up!

No comments:

Post a Comment