Monday, October 19, 2015

Election Day


So it’s Election Day in Canada.  This is the first time my human is able to vote since she became a Dual Citizen.  And she’s having a tough time deciding which candidate to pick.  She REALLY doesn’t like ANY of them.   So she decided to see which of the candidates in the Federal election owns a dog.  I mean that’s a GREAT reason to vote for someone.  But her searching revealed that none of the four candidates for Prime Minister apparently own a dog.  Seriously.  What a sorry state.  That could have tipped her vote.  So now I have a new idea. Instead of flipping a coin, my human should put all the candidate names on separate pieces of paper – and she should make three sets of names.  Each of us canines would get to pick a name.  And based on who wins, she would vote for that candidate!  If it’s a tie or they are all different – I say flip a coin. 

On an even more somber note, we heard something AWFUL in the weather fore-guess for today.  SNOW flurries.  Yes.  SNOW flurries.  No “accumulation” is expected – but STILL – that four letter word – S-N-O-W – is enough to make my human pack us up and move south.  FAR south.  We have barely gotten over the trauma of our snowplow driver who abandoned us LAST winter when he just couldn’t get through the ice and snow.  Did I mention that he has QUIT and will not be plowing this year? No surprise there.  But a new guy is taking his place.  Hopefully he has a bigger plow.

So the sheep herding debacle is over.  Thank goodness.  Next weekend, my human’s mother comes to visit for a few days.  Perfect.  We have her WELL trained to give us treats.  Anytime we want.  AND she gives us bananas.  We LOVE when she comes to stay.

Well I must get ready – I am hoping my human takes me with her to the polling station to vote. Hey.  I wonder if I can vote?  I AM a citizen after all!  I was born here.  I have papers.  We’ll have to see about this one….

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment