Friday, October 2, 2015

Harold


October 2.  The good news.  It is Friday – which means our human will be noticeably happy when she comes home from work.  The bad news.  It is still raining.  And Frodo and I don’t want to go out on our walks.  On a day like this, my human walks, followed by two soggy shaggy creatures who appear to be in a funeral march.  On a nice day, we are bounding out AHEAD of her – often dragging her up the driveway.  But when it’s raining, everything happens in slow motion.  It is all my human can do to push us out of the house when she opens the door.

I looked at the weather fore-guess for the next two days and it is ever-so-informative and special.  Rain at times heavy.  Periods of rain.  Cloudy.  Showers.  All that to say WET for the next few days.  We are so depressed.  Except for Paxton.  He doesn’t care.  Put a coat on him and he thinks he looks fantastic – so out he goes. 

October 2 is National Name Your Car Day.  I have no idea what that means – I assume you give your car a name, besides the manufacturer’s name.  Our car is getting old.  It will be 10 next year – and in dog years, it is definitely a senior.  It’s a Subaru – and my human can’t decide whether to retire it – or drive it into the ground.  Whatever THAT means.  It has like a gazillion miles on it – but it runs well.  Frodo knows how to open the automatic windows in the car – so my human has to keep the child locks on – all the time.  We all LOVE going for a car ride.  Except to the Vet.   So what do you call a vehicle that has a faint “essence de canine”,  dog hair stuck under the seats, under the mats and in some places, stuck to the ceiling – compliments of Paxton.  And that’s AFTER it has been vacuumed.  The windows often have signs of olfactory art.  But it runs like a tank, and the body looks OK - despite a few parking lot “door dings” – caused by other vehicles. So what would I call our car?  “Hairy” seems appropriate.  No – make that Harold – that’s a bit more distinguished.  Harold – the K9 taxi.  That or the Barkmobile. Brutus?  Atlas?  Or how about Kratos - who was the Greek god of strength and power.  Our vehicle does have power and it carries dog crates - so that would work. Nah.  I still like Harold.

Oh –oh I must go and hide – I think my human wants to take me out again.  And it’s STILL raining.  Unless she wants to take us out in Harold.  We’ll gladly go out for that!

Have a happy Friday.

© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment