Friday, October 16, 2015

Go Akiak


I want to be Akiak.  Well maybe not BE Akiak.  But be LIKE Akiak.  Who is Akiak?  He is a husky who lives in Norway.  With his human Henrik Viske.  It seems Henrik got the urge to travel around his country, so he quit his job and he and Akiak packed their bags and headed off for the wilderness.  Google them.  And take a LOOK at their BEAUTIFUL photos.  They are unbelievable!  I want to go on a trip like Akiak.  OK – maybe not the camping part.  I DO enjoy sleeping on my human’s bed.  So that would be a bit of a challenge.

And getting my human to quit work might ALSO be a challenge.  And then you also have a challenge of taking all THREE of us dogs on the adventure.  Personally, I think my human should JUST take me – but she has this “fairness” philosophy, so I doubt she would take such a big trip with just one of us.  I mean I HAVE managed to do some day trips on my own – but a big extended trip.  Yeah – that’s not going to happen.

I do like the idea of the rugged outdoorsy look too– I mean you can’t carry a grooming table with you on an adventure like that.  But we know THAT’s not going to happen either. 

The other issue is the small fact that I do like to run off at times.  Wouldn’t THAT be horrid?  My human alone in the wilderness while I go search for mountain goats or something?  Another deterrent…

Well, I guess for now I will have to live vicariously through Akiak’s photos.  Mind you, we seem to be able to create our own adventures right in our own back yard…

Go Akiak!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment