Saturday, October 3, 2015

My new BOOK!


OK.  So another day of rain fore-guessed for today and then MAYBE some SUN tomorrow.  Followed by a hurricane.  Hurricane Joaquin.  But the good news – Joaquin is supposed to track SOUTH of us – so we may JUST get a Tropical Cyclone. Oh joy. Oh happiness.

But enough about the soggy weather – I have some BIG news.  It is official.  I just put together my very first self-published BOOK!  Yes – a book by a dog – and not just any dog – a PON!   I decided to gather some of my famous dog terminology – and put it into a book!  With photos of moi.  Oh and Frodo and Pax too.  I didn’t know what to call my book.  Harry PONter?  Fifteen Shades of Grey?  Alice’s Adventures in PONderland? The Da PONci Code?  Valley of the PONs?  A Tale of Two PONs? PONdyssey?  A lot of those titles seemed familiar for some reason – so I went with the Viktionary.
You can find it at this site:

My human explained that I will NOT make a fortune selling this book – since the people who PRINT the book make almost all of the money.  But she did say that we MIGHT be able to make enough to buy a box of biscuits.  She knows that we will be able to buy SOME treats - since she will be able to convince her mother to buy 50 copies.  Well.  Maybe not 50.  But a few!

So if you are looking for a unique Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa gift – consider a book.  By a PON!  I’m a bit nervous as I have never written a book before.  But heck, if a HUMAN can write a book, certainly a dog can!  And if you buy a copy, and I see you someday, I will happily give you my pawtograph!

In other news, Paxton is going to the Vet today.  He doesn’t know it yet.  He’s going in for his annual physical and to get some medicine.  For worms.  NO – we don’t THINK he has worms – BUT since he eats all kinds of rotting vegetation- if given 30 seconds of off-leash freedom- my human doesn’t want to take any chances.  Paxton actually doesn’t mind the Vet – since he has spent time there – especially after eating my human’s sling last year.  They seem to like him – he’s kind of like a mascot.  Probably because he paid for the new wing on the building.  Our Vet could write a book about HIM!

Have a happy Saturday!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment