Thursday, October 8, 2015

Tail tales






Another brilliant human idea.  I just read about a device that you attach to a dog’s tail – to see how he is feeling.  I kid you not.  It’s an emotion detector.  You attach it to your dog’s tail and you will be able to follow a plot on a graph on your mobile device that tells you how your dog is feeling at any point in time.

Reportedly, when we dogs wag our tails to the left, we are feeling scared or anxious or angry, and when we wag to the right, we are feeling happy or excited or content.  I’m not sure what it means when we wag back and forth…

The device is supposed to come out next year – assuming the company can raise lots of funds for the production.

Now the idea of GPS tracking devices I can see – particularly given my recent disappearing act during that off-leash run.  I might add, that I have NOT been off leash since then.  So if one wanted to spend money on dog technology, I can see the benefits of a tracking device.  But an emotion monitor?!  Really?  Look at my tail.  Look at my ears.  Do I LOOK happy?  And if you really want to know how I’m feeling when you’re not there – get a video camera, with a feed to your smartphone.   My human knows that if she were to talk to us remotely, we probably wouldn’t listen after the first time.  We’re intelligent beings – we’ll KNOW you are not there.  Heck, we don’t even listen when we’re doing something bad and you’re IN the room!

So good luck with the tail monitor.  I wonder if it will show up in Xrays when another dog eats it?

© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment