Monday, October 5, 2015

SCARECROWS. The adventure.


Well I got to go on an adventure yesterday.  WITHOUT my canine brothers.  The rain FINALLY stopped and it was a beautiful Fall day – so my human decided to go for a drive with her mother to a town called Mahone Bay.  And it was a special day in Mahone Bay – they were having their annual Scarecrow festival.  The town is FILLED with scarecrows – and these are not your ordinary field variety.  These scarecrows can be QUITE elaborate.  The little town was JAMMED with people taking photos and walking about.  So of COURSE, my human had to get some shots of me with a few scarecrows. Now this was NOT, I repeat, NOT an easy task.  Because EVERYONE was trying to get photos.  So my human would wait until there was a break in the action, she would whisk me up and plop me down in front of the scarecrows.  Then she would beg and plead and make all kinds of strange noises to get me to look at her.  Which of course, I didn’t.  Not until she would repeat my name 468 times would I MAYBE glance her way.  Or stick my tongue out at her.  Other people would join in the “fun” and that usually worked to get my attention. 

As I said, there were dozens of scarecrows, but we had to be selective which ones we picked, as they had to be worthy of the drama.  We, of course, HAD to take a picture with Mary and her little lambs – or was she Little Bo Peep?  Anyway it seemed fitting that a sheepdog should be with sheep.  I actually paid more attention to THESE sheep than the live variety the other week. 

So here are a few photos from my adventure.  I can hardly WAIT until the Father Christmas festival in December.  I just hope my human forgets her 
 camera phone.


Near the town entrance

I was being baaaaaaaaaaaad for this shot
 
The businesses are beautifully decorated
My human didn't attempt me with the Big Bad Wolf
Me and my harem
And of course we had to buy a pumpkin.  Or two.


©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment