Friday, August 28, 2015

Frodo. The contender.


Ever hear of the World Wrestling Federation?  Or World Wrestling Entertainment, as it is now called?  It’s not REAL wrestling – it’s basically entertainment that looks like wrestling – and no doubt feels like wrestling at times, but it’s not a REAL contest.  My apologies to anyone who may not have known that – and who actually believed it was legitimate wrestling.  I’m sorry I ruined the illusion.



Well I am here to tell you that Frodo is trying out for the WWE.  Seriously.



One of the challenges of going away on holidays, besides Paxton’s gastrointestinal issues, is the fact that while our sitter takes WONDERFUL care of us…she doesn’t groom us.  Yes, when our human walks in the door, our sitter has painstakingly managed to put our hair in topknots – or in what many call “pineapple head” – but  that’s as far as the grooming goes. 



So yesterday, my human had to give us the complete brush down.  Now I’m not a HUGE challenge when it comes to grooming.  I wiggle a bit, but I QUITE enjoy the copious amounts of treats doled out through the process.  And honestly, my coat is not all that hard to manage. 



But then we have Frodo.  The WWE contender.



Frodo wiggles, squirms and moans throughout the entire ordeal.  He cries.  He squeaks.  He pants.  Like he is being tortured.  My human has to practically lean on him with one arm while she brushes with the other.  But, the SECOND my human steps away from the table to grab another treat from the pile, he pops his head up, rolls over and looks JUST fine.  No panting.  No obvious pain.  He’s not in agony.  The whole wrestling match thing is a farce.  It’s an act to make it look like he is being murdered.  And he is EXCELLENT at it.  Honestly, his performance is Oscar material.  Look out Lassie.



Now mind you – the wrestling that my human has to do IS real.  After several hours with the two of us, she looked at Paxton and said “later buddy.”  She then went in the house and collapsed on the couch.



When Frodo was finished, I should add, he happily jumped off the table and proudly shook himself off.  He didn’t appear to be in any pain after the “grueling” battle.  He is DEFINITELY a candidate for WWE.  And I’ll be his agent.





©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment