Sunday, August 30, 2015

The frog.


So the night before last, my human went to take each of us out for our last pee before bed.  We go out on a leash, because you never know WHAT might be out in the dark - foxes, rabbits, birds, deer, raccoons, fireflies – and the other night, a very terrifying creature.  One that I wasn’t prepared for.  A frog.



We were walking back to the house and just as we were a few feet from the entry, a frog jumped into our path and sat RIGHT in front of the door.  I didn’t know WHAT he was, but my human held me back as she didn’t have an appetite for frog’s legs.  And she didn’t want me to have them either.  So we stood there.  A dog and a human.  Staring at a frog.  Who wouldn’t move.  My human stomped her foot.  He wouldn’t move.  She stomped closer.  He wouldn’t move.  She couldn’t open the door – as he would go in – and meet Frodo and Paxton waiting for him.  So my human picked up the entry mat, and nudged him with it.  Well.  He leaped into the air, toward me – and I leaped 3 feet into the air - backward.  I think he may even have hit me in the scramble – but the last thing I saw was the frog hopping into the bushes.  Phew.  WHAT an experience.  Give me a bunny any day – they never jump AT you!



Otherwise, my human’s lip is starting to look like it belongs to her again.  And not like she went for some kind of lopsided lip enhancement.  And speaking of lopsided…my human noticed during the groom-a-thon a.k.a. wrestling match the other day that Frodo is sporting the asymmetrical look with his ears again.  Thanks to moi. I love to trim Frodo’s ears.  Well – just one ear.  It gives him a unique, trendy, uneven look.  I think it’s cool.  My human on the other hand, does not appreciate my hairstyling abilities.  Good thing he is not entered in any beauty pageants soon.



Well, it’s about time to do some fetching.  Actually, any time is good for fetching.  Gotta go.  Have a great day!



©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment