Thursday, August 27, 2015

National Banana Lovers Day



August 27.  National Banana Lovers Day.   The dogs in our household LOVE bananas.  It was my human’s mother who started us on the banana trend.  One day after breakfast when she was visiting, she asked my human if she could “share” a piece of banana with each of us.  BIG mistake.  Now whenever someone is eating a banana, we sit and stare at them – and Paxton does his best drool routine.  Works every time.

Speaking of Bucket Head, he had his usual “gastrointestinal” issues a few days after my human went on her holiday.  Happens every time.  Paxton loves the sitter – we ALL do – but any change in routine and the big guy gets…sorry for being graphic – but the soupy poops.  He’s a Momma’s boy if there ever was one.  My human hasn’t been home for 24 hours and he is back to “normal.”  Well, normal in the poop department anyway.  Frodo and I, on the other hand, are thankfully, “regular” kinds of guys.   We know how humans stress over our poop – so it’s a good thing two of us don’t have “those issues” too.

OK.  Enough on that topic –especially if you are enjoying breakfast. 

Today is also Thoughtful Thursday.  A day to do something nice for someone else.  Let’s see – what would be a thoughtful gesture?  Well – we did one already – we let our human sleep in until 6:30AM – because she’s still on vacation. I think that's pretty thoughtful!  Mind you - we weren't in a hurry to go out because it is raining....

I know what you humans can do to be thoughtful – give your dog a piece of a banana.  That way you get two celebrations in one.  Perfect. But remember – no banana peels and everything in moderation!

Excuse me while I watch Paxton drool.

© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment