Monday, August 31, 2015

Rally. Really?


I should have figured something was up.  On Saturday, my human got out a pile of treats – and stuffed them in her pockets. Hmmmmm.  We had just been groomed – so it couldn’t be THAT again.



So she announced – “We are going outside.  One by one. Viktor first.”  Did I ever mention I am always first?  Probably because if I am NOT first, I scream bloody murder.  Yes, I know that’s bad.  It means I am a bit of a brat.  But let’s face it – I’m a lovable brat.



Anyway, I went outside – and found out that it was time for some rally “training.”  I LOVE training.  In fact, I get SO excited, my head explodes.  I can’t even THINK straight.  I spin, I twirl, I squeak.  When I am asked to sit in heel position, I LEAP into my spot.  My human has to get me to CALM down – and start thinking.  Which I eventually do – because I don’t get treats if I’m acting like a Tasmanian Devil.  So we did “exercises” – the kind you do in something called “Rally Obedience”.  And then it was Frodo’s turn.  Frodo is MUCH more controlled when he is training.  Although he DOES bark.  A LOT.  Especially if he does something wrong – and my human asks him to do it again.  Boy – you should hear him complain!!!



And then it was Pax’s turn.  Pax drools throughout his training.  And it takes him 2 minutes to chew a treat the size of a kernel of corn.  His training session is usually shorter than my or Frodo’s.



And why the sudden training blitz?  Well.  I think I mentioned that Frodo is entered is some kind of contest next weekend.  And since he has done no training in….hmmmmmm….months – my human figured it was time to cram.  In addition, APPARENTLY we are BOTH entered in some kind of Rally Team event, later in the month.  My human was contacted by some dog friends – who were forming a team.  Their dogs bark a lot – and they were trying to think of two other dogs to be on the team.  When they thought of dogs that bark, for SOME reason they thought of us.  Go figure.  Now THAT will be entertaining.  Watch for the video – I’m sure it will go viral.



I also JUST heard that Frodo and I are going to some kind of practice match- TONIGHT.  I haven’t even had time to prepare.  My human better be taking some REALLY, REALLY good treats -if she wants to avert total public embarrassment.  Just getting the two of us IN the door will be fun.  Lots of dogs.  Lots of people.  Lots to smell.  Olfactory overload – and total brain explosion.  I can hardly wait!



Stay tuned for more rally updates.  And don’t forget…soon we will ALSO be going herding.  Now THAT will be extra entertaining!!!



Have a good one!



© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment