Sunday, August 16, 2015

Happy Saint Roch Day!


August 16.  It’s me – Viktor! I’m still officially on my blog-cation – but today is a special day – so of course I had to say a few words – and update you about my latest exploits.



First off – do you know what day it is?! Saint Roch Day!  And who is Saint Roch?!  The patron saint of DOGS!!!  Yup.  We dogs have our very own Saint.  I think we need to spread the word about him.  I mean people know about Saint Patrick and Saint Nicholas – but what about Saint Roch?  He supposedly healed many people of the bubonic plague – and when HE contracted it himself, it was a DOG who licked his wounds and brought him food – and healed him.  How about that?!  I think it should be a national holiday.  I’ll work on it.



In other news – the bathroom destruction drags on.  And we continue to try and sneak in the disaster zone.  I think if I had been made the supervisor for this project, the whole thing would have been done by now.   I’m not so sure I like the tile guy – he comes in late and then the other day he was “sick.”  He does good work – but he IS kinda pokey.  On Thursday when he was cutting tiles in the garage – which ALSO happens to be our “grooming” room – he warned my human while she was grooming me, that the saw noise would be loud – and I might get scared.  My human said “nah – they are used to the airplane engine dog blow dryer – so they’ll be fine.”  And she was right – I couldn’t have cared less – and Frodo didn’t care either.  We’re all pretty bomb proof when it comes to loud noises.  Probably because we are all accustomed to Frodo’s incessant, air-raid-level barking. 



What else is new?  Someone peed on carpet on the landing of the stairs.  None of us is confessing.  And I don’t want to point paws – but FRODO did drink an ENTIRE bowl of water the other night before bed.  Just saying.  Peeing in the house is NOT typical in our house – so it really is a mystery.  I suggested sending the sample to a forensics lab for identification. You've heard of CSI - Crime Scene Investigation?  This is PSI.



Oh and on another note – we are all looking for a new human.  Why?  Because as I type this, she is AWAY for a few days.  Yup.  We have been abandoned.  OK.  Not REALLY abandoned.  The dog sitter is here – and we DO adore her.  We’re just waiting for the opportunity to put a hole in the screen door to the deck.  We’ve done it twice while she was here before.  So we need to keep with tradition.  Having a sitter isn’t THAT bad – and we are certain there will be the customary “guilt gifts” for us when our human returns. 



Gotta go – time to beg the sitter for some more treats!  Stay well my friends and Happy Saint Roch Day!



©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment