Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween countdown





And so the countdown to Halloween.  As if we dogs really care. And it’s not like we even see a lot of action at our house.  What kid wants to come down a dark driveway with the sounds of a pack of wild dogs awaiting them at the house?  If I was a kid, I wouldn’t come to our house.  With the peed-on pumpkins sitting outside the door.  Last year we had all of 5 kids show up.  As we hurled ourselves against the door to greet them.  I think somebody put a “don’t go to this house” sign at the end of our driveway.

But in the off chance that some brave soul arrives – my human has purchased treats.  Most of which she has already eaten.  I shouldn’t say anything – but we are all well aware that she is still sporting the remains of the Halloween treats from TWO years ago.  

I’m waiting for my human to make some special canine treat bags.  Hey – some of our dog buddies from down the road may show up.  And wouldn’t it be embarrassing if we had no treats for them?!  Wait a minute…here’s an idea – since no one comes to OUR house, perhaps WE should be the ones out trick or treating!  On second thought – it requires a costume.  Never mind – I’ll just enjoy the treats at home.  

And while Halloween CAN be fun – there ARE things that humans need to do to keep us canines safe.  Like making sure we don’t bolt out an open door, or  knock over a pumpkin with a candle in it, or  eat chocolate or candy with xylitol in it, or eat dried corn cob decorations, or rotten pumpkins…or glow sticks….or eat our costumes….All the more reason NOT to dress us up.  Given all the potential dangers with this holiday, I’m surprised some crazy animal rights group hasn’t acted to ban it.  Yikes – I had better not give anybody any ideas!

Anyway, we have taken the obligatory holidays photos, the treats are all set – bring on the 5 braves kids.  We’re ready.

Have a good one.  Peace and paws up!



No comments:

Post a Comment