Sunday, October 22, 2017

If at first you don't succeed...




If at  first you don’t succeed, try again in two years.

So yesterday was Saturday, and technically, a day for my human to sleep in.  At least she thought so.  But not me.  I thought it was a weekday – so at 4:30, I started trying to get her up.  I began licking her, I jumped on the bed and off the bed.  I paced.  I licked her again.  OK.  Truth be told – I knew it was Saturday – but I just wanted to get her up.  FINALLY at 5AM, I was successful.  She rolled off the bed, threw on her hair covered dog walking clothes, and took us for our morning constitutional.  Wearing her headlamp on the dark, cool morning, she wasn’t exactly walking with a spring in her step.  She brought us home and the march was continued with the FG.  Then she fed us.  The time was about 6:15, and she decided she could still snooze until 7.  And that’s when she made her mistake.

You see, Einstein and I sleep loose in the bedroom.  The FG is in a crate.  But recently, she began to wonder if she could let HIM be loose at night.  The last time she tried this, it was a disaster.  There was no way he would settle down, so he ended up back in his crate.  But since she was JUST going to have a quick nap, she thought she would give it a try.  Without me and Einstein.  She took the FG in the bedroom and closed the door behind them.  Einstein and I just stared at the door.  My human figured the fewer distractions, the better – and the more likely he would settle down.  Wrongo.  As soon as he came in the room he made a huge jump onto the bed.  He spun around three times – fast – throwing himself onto the pillows.  He got up and did it again.  At this point, my human attempted to lie down as well.  He immediately tried to eat her socks.  On her feet.  She curled her legs away from the piranha, and pretended to be sleeping.  But she had one eye open – to watch his response.   He got up and promptly lay down over her sideways.  Then he attempted to roll onto his back – with her underneath him.  Then he got up, lay next to her, and began a face cleansing routine.   Then he jumped off the bed, went to the door and started squeaking because both of us PONs were right on the other side.  He then spun around and catapulted back onto the bed.  At this point, my human gave up.  This was 45 minutes after she started the experiment, so it’s not like she didn’t try.  But she looked at him and said “Buddy, you STILL aren’t ready for this yet.”  She opened the door and he joyfully greeted Einstein and me.  

I want her to try the experiment again tonight – I love free entertainment.  But my human said no.  Not for at least another two years…

Have a good one. Peace and paws up.

No comments:

Post a Comment