Monday, May 18, 2015

National No Dirty Dishes Day


May 18. National No Dirty Dishes Day.  Another brilliant human holiday.  For those who think I make these crazy holidays up – nope – these are for “real.” 

If you own a dog, EVERY day could be National No Dirty Dishes Day.  Most of us ( PONs anyway) are quite happy to clean our dishes.  Completely.  And if you want to leave the room with your dinner on the table – well we are quite happy to clean your dish for you as well.  I SUPPOSE there ARE “good dogs” out there who would NOT touch food on a table.  Me?  Turn your back for a minute, and I’ll help myself.  OK.  Not really a minute.  More like a millisecond.  Since my human’s friend arrived, I have helped myself to his oatmeal in the morning, and I quickly tried burying my face in a bowl of salad the other day.  But now, he’s getting more diligent.  His carries his plate with him if he leaves the table.  Not really.  I’m kidding.  But he should.

Honestly. I’m just trying to be helpful.   No dirty dishes.  That’s my mantra.  I’m such a thoughtful guy!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment