Saturday, November 26, 2016

Dear Santa. Part 1.




OK.  So US Thanksgiving is over and Santa arrived at the end of the parade - so I think the official start to the Christmas season has BEGUN.  Never mind the fact that there have been Christmas trees for sale at Costco since September...

So it is time for me to begin my letter(s) to Santa.  I want to give ample time to introduce myself - it's all about being friendly with the guy if you want to get good stuff.  This will be my first installment...

Dear Mr. Claus;

Allow me to introduce myself.  I am Viktor.  Viktor the Polish Lowland Sheepdog. I am a herding breed - although personally I am not particularly fond of sheep.  But I DO like the interesting delectable balls that they deposit.  I can JUST imagine the balls your reindeer deposit...

Mr. Claus, or perhaps I may call you Santa, or Saint Nick.  I see you have as many names as we dogs do.  I am Viktor, Vik, Viktorino, Trino, No no, Stop it, and a variety of other names I probably should not share.

I have worked very hard this year at training my human, and I have tried VERY hard not to be naughty.  OK.  Maybe not THAT hard. I live with another Polish Lowland Sheepdog, my brother Frodo, and I have a new rather strange looking brother - who is a Berger Picard.  His name is Elroy. He is a giant.  A friendly giant.  And I am starting to like him.  

With regard to my "nice" behavior - I have not attempted even ONCE this year to bite my human when she makes us dress in holiday attire purchased at the dreaded Dollar Store.  I do admit that I do not always smile when requested to do so for photos, but I generally give in.  If the treats are good.

Also this year, I did not chase too many bunnies.  I define too many as over 100. So I'm good.

I also did not destroy anything this year.  Oh wait.  There WAS a small incident with eating and swallowing a stuffed bunny's leg.  But I DID return it, a week later...

 Stay tuned for future installments over the next few weeks. To be continued...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment