Wednesday, November 16, 2016

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM



It's official.  The Freedom Harness has almost passed the one month novelty test.  I talked about this harness in a previous blog, as THE tool to keep the FG from strangling himself - or pulling my human into the ditch.  And while my human was a bit skeptical as to whether the good behavior and the novelty would wear off - it has been so far so good.   AND it had the ultimate test the other night.

You know the little girl down the road?  The one who went with the FG to his performance puppy classes?  Where he did NOT learn to play the piano?  Anyway, she had not seen the FG since his classes ended a few weeks ago.  And her mother called the other night to see if she could come over and visit him.  My human was just about ready to take him for a walk - so they agreed to meet  and they would go for the walk together.

Well.  Elroy's brain exploded when he first saw her. He was SO excited.  My human had to hold him so that he wouldn't knock her over.  Thankfully she is not the LEAST bit worried around him and his craziness didn't bother her one bit.  Even as he tried to pull the gloves she was wearing off her hands.  So as they walked along, my human decided to take a chance - and let her walk the FG.  He was wearing the Freedom Harness.  I'm here to tell you, he walked like a perfectly trained dog.  Which we know he is not.  Not yet anyway.  He walked with her and although my human was ever-ready to grab the leash if he got a bad case of the zoomies, he never did.  They walked for probably 45 minutes - and no one ended up in the ditch or being dragged on their knees.

I think the FG could do commercials for this thing.  Mind you, you can be sure that as soon as the film crew arrives, the novelty would wear off!   But I have to say - so far so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment