Saturday, November 5, 2016

The list grows


Well the FG is headed to see "Auntie" Glenda again today to be dremeled.  Now that's not to be confused with being pummeled.  Ears are pummeled (with a pumice stone - that's MY definition of pummeled) and nails are dremeled.   For a dog who is supposed to be low maintenance, Elroy sure requires lots of pampering! 

You know, I am starting to admire him more and more each day.  He is VERY clever.  And sneaky.  When my human gets home from work, we all run out to have a pee.  And there IS a bit of PONdemonium - we bark and run like cows being let out of the barn after the winter.  Everyone within a 5 km radius knows when my human has come home.  And the FG LOVES to run around with us.  And he's fast...

The other night, after supper my human went to take something out to the compost bin.  It was just getting dark and she saw "something" right in the middle of the front lawn.  "What IS that?" she wondered.  She slowly walked over and discovered what the odd object was.  One of her shoes.  You see, the FG likes to race out of the house when she gets home and IF he has access to an open closet door, he grabs whatever he can.  And he is GONE with it.   She never even saw him take it!

He and I have STARTED to wrestle just a little.  Just a LITTLE.  I'm not quite sure what to make of all of his leaping and what I call his bucking bronco routine.  It's quite the sight.  I think those ears give him extra air. 

Hey - did you happen to see what is on "Oprah's favorite things" list this year?  You probably know Oprah - that mega rich television/media woman.  She puts out this crazy list of stuff every year before Christmas and people who think her opinion is incredibly valuable, go out and buy what she says.  Humans.  Anyway, this year she has a customized dog blanket on the list.  And you humans can have OUR faces put on the blanket.  The one I saw was white in color.  What a perfect clean color for a dog blanket.  Cough cough. Mind you - it is machine washable.  I should hope so.  And it's a great bargain - only $395 US dollars.  That's like $2000 Canadian dollars.  OK.  Not THAT much.  Anyway, I think we need one for each of us.  It's on the list.

Well, it's the weekend and rumor has it my human is OFF on Monday, Tuesday AND Friday next week!  Let the party begin!   Have a good one - you KNOW we will! And I will continue to work on my list.  Dremel for Elroy...


No comments:

Post a Comment