Sunday, November 13, 2016

Good one Elroy





 Score one for Elroy.

Elroy and Frodo have become best buddies.  The photo may not LOOK like they are buddies - but this is their weird type of play. They bite and chew each other and wrestle like crazy.  With his new ear apparel, my human has had to break up the All Star Wrestling match more than once - for fear Frodo will definitely pull the tape off those ears.  They are already looking pretty beat.

But the best example of buddies working together was the other day while my human was grooming Frodo.  Elroy was in a run in the garage - watching the beauty routine unfolding.  He was fine and then started to squeak.  Like he needed to go out.  My human thought it odd - since he had just BEEN out, but after a minute or two of continual complaining, she figured she had better take him out.  Now Frodo is generally VERY good when it comes to grooming.  I mean he COMPLAINS and acts like he is being tortured, but he HAPPILY accepts the non-stop treat distribution that goes on throughout the process.  He is also PRETTY obedient when he is told to stay.  So my human told him to stay and went to quickly take Elroy out for a pee. 

When she came back, she found that not only did Frodo NOT stay - he ate all the treats that were piled on the chair next to the grooming table.  And he was looking pretty darn proud of himself.  Thanks to Elroy.

I have finally started to like Elroy.  I even gave him a SPLIT SECOND play bow the other day - and THOUGHT about playing with him indoors.  I HAVE been chasing him outside but the indoor playing has not really started. But I DO tolerate him and it's even OK with me if he wants to lie down close to me.  We're getting there.  Perhaps some humans could learn a lesson about tolerance and acceptance from me...



Well, it's Sunday - time to stare at the throw toys.  Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment