Sunday, November 6, 2016

Don't eat the bunny




So the other night, my human decided we should introduce Elroy to the game of Find the Bunny...

I was able to play first.  She put Velcro dog and the FG in the front hallway - but they could watch me play through the french door.  That was the plan.  She figured that if the FG watched the game - he might figure it out.  Well, as we all know, I am a Find the Bunny expert. My human made me sit and stay and she hid the bunny in various places around the house.  And I consistently brought the bunny back and gave him up for a treat.  When my multiple runs were over, she put me in the FG's 100 lb pony sized crate.  Then it was Velcro dog's turn.  And the FG again got to watch how the game is played.  Sometimes my human hid the bunny in tricky spots - so  Frodo and I really had to use our noses.  It may have looked like we were just running around and looking, but we were using our noses and we both found the bunny every time.  So then it was the FG's turn.  But how to hide the bunny, when his sit stay lasts .073 seconds and if you walk away more than two feet, he's up?  My human decided to tie him with a leash to the 100 lb crate.  That I was in.  She tied him up and said to "stay."  Initially I feared for my life because he began to pull the crate.  But it WAS pretty heavy - and my human said "stay" - so he just stood there.

My human figured that to help him get the idea of the game - she should "hide" the bunny in another room in plain sight.  She did - in fact I think he could even see the bunny the first few times from where he was tied to the crate.  .  When she took him off the leash, she instructed "find the bunny" and he RACED off to get it.  He was very excited to get that bunny.  However - NOT so excited to give him up.  EVERY time my human hid it, she had to follow him while he was looking for it, because in his mind, the name of the game was Search and Destroy the Bunny.  One time he didn't find the bunny - so he just raced around the house.  I'm thinking he needs a BIT more practice at this game...

He doesn't need much practice with the dremel though, He reportedly stood perfectly for "Auntie" Glenda AKA the "Just be Calm" lady while she did his nails.  He was so good.  It's hard to believe.  While there, he tried very hard to play with  a Bernese puppy that Glenda had bred - but she wanted nothing to do with him  I think because she didn't know quite what to make of the FG - he's all legs - and those ears would make any dog pause and wonder.



Well, time to go and make good use of that extra hour we got last night.  Maybe I can use the time to teach Elroy how to play Find the Bunny.  Mind you - I DID have that small incident when I swallowed the bunny's leg back in the summer...  So maybe he shouldn't take instructions from me. But we all survived - didn't we?!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment