Saturday, November 19, 2016

She returns…

I



So she’s coming home today.  Which means poor Nicole will be able to return to her own home.  The big question is whether she will ever dog sit for us again.  I'll be anxious to see what she tells my human.  I may have to pay her off.

In the meantime, my human apparently had a jolly old time in the City of Brotherly Love.  She SAYS conferences are hard work – but I understand there is also time for fun.  And for meeting friends – old and new.

For example, she got to meet Sue – a woman who is owned by a pretty PON named Meg!  Sue and my human had never met before – but Sue reads my blog and contacted my human about whether she was going to this Hearing and Speech conference.  Sue is into hearing and my human is into speech.  They apparently had a chance to get together and share stories about us wonderful canine kids! I think I should get to meet Meg.  When is the next conference?!

And then my human met with an OLD friend and they went to a dinner at a cool Italian restaurant. The food was amazing but what made the restaurant even more amazing – all of the waiters, waitresses, bar staff, etc are professionally trained classical singers – who sing opera!! Apparently throughout the evening they break into song and entertain the diners.  And the even MORE amazing thing – the name of the restaurant was Victor CafĂ©! I think she actually went there JUST because of the name.  

My human took time to go shopping for us and managed to find some pet stores.  She thought that these dog biscuits were funny.  I didn't.  Because you KNOW which one I would get.



While my human was away, Nicole sent her regular texts and photos.  And in one text, Nicole mentioned that Elroy and I were playing.  My human thought she got the names wrong.  Did Nicole mean Elroy and FRODO?  Nope. It was me and Elroy. While my human was away…I decided I liked Elroy after all.  Go figure.  We’ll see if I still like him when my human gets home…

Well I had better get ready for her arrival.  And time to be extra nice to Nicole.  So she says good things about me.  Gotta get those guilt gifts….



No comments:

Post a Comment