Thursday, March 2, 2017

Elroy update.



Time for an Elroy update...

Remember the dog show and crate fiasco?  How could one forget - I rambled on about crates for two days.  So after ALL the agonizing, all the construction work on VARIOUS crates - including the NEW one, my human has estimated that of the 10 HOURS the FG spent at the show site, he probably spent 30 minutes IN the crate.  Seriously.  He didn't LIKE hanging out in the NEW crate.  So he would squeak.  And when he would squeak, my human would put him on the grooming table.  I'm telling you - at 9 months old, he has TOTALLY learned human control.  Mind you, he has learned it from the best.  So he COULD have stayed in the soft-sided-hacksaw-repaired crate after all.  He wasn't IN it long enough to chew it.

And we have discovered something about the FG - he is NOT a morning dog.  I'm serious.  We PONs like to get up E-A-R-L-Y.  For us, sleeping in is 6AM.  But when we go to let the FG out of his pony sized crate, my human opens the door and he just lies there - looking at her.  At the same the time Frodo and I are spinning in circles and singing our "good morning wake up" song .  84 verses of it.  The FG slowly emerges - as if we are disturbing his beauty sleep.  Now this is NOT to say that once up he doesn't have energy.  And he is a VERY smart dog.  For example, when my human gets home from work, she will let him out with a leash attached.  And he has learned that if he holds the end of the leash - he can run much faster.  And my human cannot catch him when she wants him to come in.  Sometimes he drops the leash and like a movie in slow motion we watch as my human carefully approaches and JUST as she leans over to grab the end, off he goes.  He knows the radius of the leash.  He runs back and forth and around the property 48 times with reckless abandon through the woods, over the snow banks and across the snow covered lawn and he also likes to "hide" on my human.  


He eventually comes in - when she rattles the food dish.

I must confess,  I have finally begun to play with him outside.  These were taken after one of the blizzards.




Inside the house, we  lie next to each other and chew a bone, and we sometimes sleep near each other.  I don't let him trim my hair like Frodo does - I draw the line there. 

So after ALL these months, I can FINALLY say, I actually like the guy.  He's entertaining.  Not to mention, it's nice to have someone in the house who seems to be in trouble more often than me!

Now.  Can we get a kitten?

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment