Saturday, March 11, 2017

Picardisms




OK.  So the FG has a NEW routine.  According to several sources, Picards can be picky eaters.  It is a concept SO unfamiliar to me - it is hard for me to believe.  Since he was a little puppy, the FG would watch Frodo and I wolfing down our food, and he basically followed our lead.  But lately, he has decided to "eat at a leisurely pace."   I guess he read the Picard manual. He eats a bit, and walks away. A while ago he would start eating and then stare at his food so my human had to lift up his bowl.  Now he just walks away, or sometimes doesn't even START eating.  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!!!!!!!!   Luckily, he is sequestered in the front hall while eating - or Frodo and I would be helping him polish off that food.  We STARE at his unfinished bowl through the french door - while we are leaving lovely olfactory art on the glass.  My human has to PRY us away from the door to go in the pick up his dish.  He eventually eats all of his food later when she puts it down again - he just likes to think about it.

And he has another new routine.  This one is SO funny to watch.  Whenever my human has clean clothes on - especially when she is getting ready to go to work, he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to wipe his face in her clothing.  Black pants are a favorite target.  She can be wearing the ugly dog sweat pants, and he won't do it - but put on a pair of pressed clean trousers - and they are like a magnet to him.  I am NOT joking.  It is QUITE funny to watch as she runs around the table trying to fend him off while he is lurching and trying to wipe his face.   Must be another Picard thing. 

On a different note - don't forget to turn your clock ahead tonight.  Which means my human gets even less sleep tonight than she usually does.   No problem for us - we are always raring to go.  Except the FG.  This could kill Mr.-I-Sleep-In.  

See you bright and early tomorrow!

1 comment: