Monday, March 13, 2017

Good old days.





So we survived the time change.  Sort of.  My human went into a panic the night before - because I need to take my medication at 7 AM and 7 PM each day.  BUT - with the change, 7 AM would REALLY be 6 AM - and I would be getting my pills too early.  Long story short, she and Aunt Glenda figured out a formula for giving me my pills just 15 minutes early - so that by today I would be back on track at 7 and 7.  I can hardly wait to see what will happen when the clocks change the NEXT time.

So on Saturday, we (the FG and I) decided to drive my human just a LITTLE bit crazy.  For those who have been reading my blog for a long time, you may recall how Paxton used to run off into the woods at times - probably to get away from us PONs.  But he couldn't escape - I would be his loyal sidekick, following like a bee drawn to a flower.  Or a fly to drawn to...something not so pleasant.  We would race off and disappear, only to reappear 10-15 minutes later - or when my human would hunt us down - usually at the neighbor's place.  Ah.  The old days....

On Saturday, we had a dusting of snow.  Dusting sounds so light and pretty - but in March, humans do not associate snow with anything attractive.  So as my human was pushing off the white stuff with the shovel, we canines were running around the yard.  Racing, barking, chasing each other.  




When suddenly, yours truly felt the Call of the Wild - and off I went.  And my loyal sidekick followed.  My human expected us to return within 45 seconds.  But we didn't.  And when we dogs take off, 1 minute can seem like 1 hour.  So my human called.  And we heard her - but didn't come back.  And she called.  And she put Einstein, the good dog in the house.  She called us again.  We didn't come back.  She opened the garage door - as if the sound would entice us to race back.  But we didn't.  She closed the garage door.  She went in the house.  And she was JUST about to go and get in the car to drive up to the neighbor's when she heard a bark.  She opened the door and there I was.  And there was my sidekick - standing on top of a snow bank - kind of like this.  


She opened the door, and let me in. And she went out to get the FG - who I should mention was dragging a long line the whole time.  But the FG wasn't finished with his outdoor adventure. He took one look at her and raced by.  


Up over a another snowbank, and he was gone.  But this time she was in hot pursuit.  And she could follow him, because his line was leaving a trail in the dusting of snow.  Down the path she went.  She was pretty pleased with her tracking abilities, until she realized that his tracks had doubled back.  By the time she got back to the house, guess who was waiting by the front door?  She brought him in and said to the two of us something dramatic like "Don't even look at me right now."  We just looked at each other and rolled our eyes.  Good times.  Just like the old days... Paxton would be proud....

Have a good old day!

No comments:

Post a Comment