Sunday, March 5, 2017

Guilty until proven innocent.






So yesterday was Saturday.  A day that humans sometimes sleep in.  Except in this house.  Yesterday at 5, I had had enough rest.  So I started staring at my human.  Humans can tell when we are sitting and glaring at them.  They can "feel the stare."  So my human opened one eye - looked at the clock and groaned "It's 5 AM!!!!! And it's SATURDAY!"  She mumbled "5 more minutes."  That's her typical plea. So I gave her that.  EXACTLY 5 minutes.  And I was back.  Breathing on her.  So she got up, woke up the FG who as we now know, is NOT a morning dog, and took all of us out for walks.  The beauty is - now it is starting to get lighter in the morning.  So Frodo and I dragged my human down the road and to the trail.  She couldn't argue that it was still dark out - heck, you could already see 10 feet in front of you.  Besides, she was wearing her headlamp.  So we had a good walk. The FG had gone out before us.

When we got home, my human said "I'm just going to take my shower."  Which was odd - she had not had her breakfast...She went in the bedroom and closed the door.  We all settled down to wait for her to come out.  Little did we know, she TRICKED us and went back to bed.  After 45 minutes, Einstein figured out the ruse and stared barking.  And then I started barking.  And the FG started squeaking.  We put an end to THAT rest.

My human did some laundry and cleaning and then announced that she needed to get some groceries.  And she needed to go to the Dollar Store for poop bags.  To pick up our PPP.  Now while the quality of many things at the Dollar Store is not always great, $1.25 for 60 bags is not a bad deal.  But I don't get the price.  $1.25?  Why isn't it a dollar?????  Anyway, little did WE know that the Dollar Store is also WELL stocked with Easter and Saint Patrick's Day attire.  Great.  She came home with a BIG bag.

When she came in, she took us out for pees and then said she wanted to change.  And while she was changing, SOMEONE took one of the 3 new boxes of poop bags that had been left on the counter, shredded the box and spread out the 60 bags.  And I don't need to tell you the famous 4 words my human uttered when she came in the room.  She, of course, had to snap the obligatory guilt photo - which doesn't really show the extent of the poop bag smattering.  She made ME pose with the FG, because she ASSUMED I had SOMETHING to do with it.  I was presumed guilty, perhaps because of my previous larceny record - with the oven mitt.  But after my human took the shot, she AGAIN thought of Big Brother. And low and behold - I was INNOCENT.  This was a solo crime - committed entirely by the FG.  So in THIS case, Big Brother was a good thing.  I was exonerated.  For a change.

Today the FG has another handling class.  I'm still not sure who is handling who.  And then, if the weather is good, I have a sinking feeling, there may be a date with a camera and some Dollar Store purchases.  Heaven help us.  The treats better be good.  VERY good.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment