Saturday, June 10, 2017

CAPE BRETON!!!!





So we loaded up the rental van and away we went!  Our destination?   Cape Breton and the world famous Cabot Trail.  We loved our trip there last year - and clearly my human loves it too.

The only problem with the trip so far - is that we had some rain.  Now it wasn't torrential downpours - just a shower here and there throughout the trip.  So the photo ops were put on hold. 

I must say, I was a brilliant traveler yesterday - once I was put in my crate, I never made a peep.  But Einstein - that's another story.  As we all know, he does NOT like to be sequestered.  He has been known to chew holes in chain link fences,  no baby gate can hold him back - he just chews his way through - and if he is actually placed in a room and my human is on the other side of the door, he makes a BIG fuss and squeaks and moans.  So imagine the indignation when he had to go in a CRATE on this journey.  He panted and squeaked for the first 40 minutes - so much that my human had to stop to take him out.  He was FINE - it's not like his bladder was about to explode- he just wanted out of the crate.  Ever see one of those cartoons where an animal spreads all four legs to avoid going through a door.  That was Einstein when he had to get back in.  But of course, my human won.  And the squeaking continued.  And then, suddenly it stopped.  Completely.  For a LONG time.  And then all the passengers realized when it stopped.  When the showers started, the squeaking stopped.  You see, although Einstein hates being crated, the other option would be to go out in the rain.  He HEARD the rain.  And we KNOW how much he loves rain.  I think my human needs to get a recording of rain to play whenever he has to travel in a crate...

We arrived at our cabin at the Keltic Lodge - and as you can see, we made ourselves right at home.  In this photo, my human's sister had just told Einstein that the couch did not have his name on it. 



All that time my human spent grooming us before the trip was clearly well spent.  We look a MESS.  I TOLD her not to bother grooming us....But did she listen???

Tomorrow we hit the trail again and the weather is calling for sunnier skies.  So we'll hopefully have some photos to share.  Last year, my human posted our photo to the Keltic Lodge FB page and THEY re-posted it.  So you KNOW my human will try to get some adorable shot to send in again.  Hope she brought some awesome treats...




Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment